Why My Mother Is So Important To Me

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Perhaps, of all the people in a person’s life, a mother holds a special place. It is she who brings her children into the world, teaches them their first words and moulds their character. My mother is such a wonderful mother. She is more than just an ordinary mother.....
A robust woman in her forties, my mother is simple and lives up to her motto” simple in virtue and stead fast in duty”. She is a woman who is optimistic, conscientious, energetic and out spoken. My mother is a petite and slender woman who stood at 1.5 metres. Always, adorned with her baju kurung, she looks attractive to me. She has a rosy complexion and has a pair of lustrous eyes. Her beautiful wavy hair is always neatly combed.....
I admire her very much and she is my inspiration. She is always on my mind and gives me guidance in whatever I do. She is always beside me when I have problems. She is a good listener and an open-minded person , that is why I always talk to her about my problems. She will advise me and tell me what I have to do. At night, before I go to sleep, she always gives me a goodnight kiss and says goodnight. Sometimes, she tells me some classic stories such as Pride and Prejudice, Frankenstein, Jane Eyre and many more before I go to sleep. I enjoy it very much. My mother loves cooking during her free time. She is the best cook in this world. She cooks using the recipes that she had learnt back when she was studying in ....New Zealand..... Fish and chips, pumpkin pie and baked macaroni have always become my mother’s special dish for my family. She is always cooks with ecstatic and blissful mood.....
My mother is a language teacher in a secondary school. Although my mother is always busy with her career, she always find her time to talk with us. We enjoy each time that we have spent together. Sometime we go for a picnic at the beach overlook the crystal clear sea in Port Dickson. We will eat together and share some stories with each other. To me, my mother is always jubilant and a jolly woman. Her students also feel the same about her. She always looks joyful even though at times I know that she has a problem that she has to carry it on. She gives a lot of commitment when she is teaching. All her students are fond of the way she teaches. That is why on the Teacher’s Day, she receives many presents more than any other teachers does. All her students always feel appreciate when she teaches something new. I, myself have learnt to appreciate my mother, a person with a heart of gold, who leads a simple and humble life.....
Every year, I take part in the English Debate Competition. I always have butterflies I my stomach because I am a stage-fright person. But, my mother always helps me to overcome my fears by teaching me to pronounce words correctly, how to present my points and how to answer the points of information (POI) in the debate competition. When the time of the competition, I will feel very confident and can deliver my argument very well. I am really thankful to her for helping me. I really appreciate on how caring, concerned and conscientious she is about me.....
My mother is my mentor, my patient listener, and also my counsellor. She gives her advice freely and does not hesitate to scold me when I was in the wrong. If my mother wasn’t by my side, I will feel deeply in lost and no guidance in my life. My mother lead me through the true path in my life and gives me hopes to live in this world.....

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe