Discovering Muar Cultural Walk- Street Art

Sunday, December 09, 2018



In Malaysia currently, when people think of Street Art, they will immediately think of Penang Street Art. Of course Penang pioneered its Street Art in Malaysia but upon my visit last November 2018 to Armenian Street, Penang..I find some murals are not being well-maintained and I cant even see the murals clearly (maybe it was being made long long time ago).

Penang Street Art, “Little Children on a Bicycle” Mural, Armenian Street, George Town, Penang (source from Google.com)
My friends posed at the same worn-out mural in November 2019
Nevertheless, I discovered a town which also produces quite similar to Penang's Armenian Street but its newer and I find it more attractive &beautiful murals compared to Penang ones.

Situated at Jalan Meriam, Muar, Muar Cultural Walk offers attractive murals showcasing Malaysia's culture, people & activities. Here are some snippets that I took during my visit at Muar Cultural Walk:

The red-marked sign denotes Jalan Meriam where Muar Cultural Walk is located

1 Malay kid, 1 Chinese kid, 1 Indian Kid & I @swing
Me and Banana tree
Train mural (?)
Demonstrating Ice Kacang machine
Posed at this classic bicycle
Demonstrating lion dance with 3D sticks
Classic movie posters and 1 classic bicycle
Dunno what this guy is doing

Great setting for #OOTD pose
Pushing a 3D cart
Kopitiam scene..common scenery at Muar. Land of Kopi 434
Satay stall
Also my best friend, Izati has participated this mural thingy by painting few murals when they started this Street Art project.
#throwback

The result:
Me admiring the colourful mural painted by my best friend

So yeah, please grab a chance to take a tour at this Muar Cultural Walk to discover the unique painted walls mimicking life in Malaysia. Also kuddos to Muar-ians for taking this initiative to beautify your town!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe