Kyle and me

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I never had an American friend before.
Kyle is the first one.We met through myspace when I accidentally found his page.
It was 18 Jan 09, if I’m not mistaken.
So, the first words that he sent to me is like

=Hello. I received a friends invite from you, and would just like to ask if/how I know you. Thanks.:)

~and I replied

=Hi, Kyle..I just accidentally found yourpage..Thanks 4 approving me..I’m Arnis from Malaysia..Have you ever heard about my country?

Starting from that moment, we kept chatting through myspace. Until one day,

Kyle=Are you on your computer much saturday
? If so, I can get up early to talk to you more. Do you use any kind of Instant Messenger, like MSN IM? I would talk to you as long as I can on saturday, but I have to leave home at about 5:45 A.M. due to having scholastic competitions all day. Won’t be home until around 18:00 or so, so you would probably be asleep.Talking to you over Instant Messenger would be great for getting to know each other more.

After I received the message, I opened up my first Yahoo Messenger account and starting from that moment, we became closer than before.We chatted almost every night, sometimes twice a day.It would be morning in his country and evening in my country when we were chatting.My country is 10 hours ahead from his country.Which shows how far is America and Malaysia.I would wish him a” good day” and he wished me “good night” at the end of our conversation.It’s unique Getting to know him is fantastic as both of us came from different backgrounds.I, Arnis am a Muslim Malaysian and he, Kyle is an American and he is an Atheist.I thought that he was a Christian and when he admitted that he is an Atheist, I was quite shocked.I never talked to any Atheist before and he is the first one.

Kyle=Why am I Atheist?I was raised on morals, not so much any religio
n.I came to my conclusions of what I believe as I grew up.By simply thinking, and researching the world around me, and how others try to explain it.The way I see it, religion was created in a time long ago when people didn’t know what life was about and most anything else.But over the years, scientists have come up with evidence after evidence that conflicts with religious teachings.Except when higher-ups in religous orders change what they teach to fit what science discovers.Christianity was based on Egyptian beliefs.Jesus Christ is but a copy of the Egyptian named Horus.And the bible is the only document about Jesus, and it was written 700 years after he lived and died.Bible*None of the historic texts from Jesus’s day have anything about him on them.But that’s all about something you don’t believe anyway. Hehe, I talk a lot about something I find interesting.

Then, I asked him about Muslims and he said

Kyle=I think I don’t know enough about them.One reason I am in
terested in you.A chance to learn of Malaysia and Muslims.

Arnis=Yeah..some Americans dislike/ hate Muslims..That’s why I wondered why do you want to be one of my friends..

Kyle=They are blinded by the misguided few that do terrible things in the name of the muslim faith and god.

From that moment, I felt more comfortable talking to him. We shared lots of things together, about school, lives and our ambition.Although he is 2 years younger than I am, I feel that he is much more mature than I am. From the way he thinks about something, its just so different from any other 16 years old Malaysian teenage boy.

Kyle=I haven’t much idea what I plan on doing after I graduate. I know I’m going to try and get into whatever college my best friend gets into.If we can’t get into the same college, we plan to join the Army.I’d prefer not to join the Army, though. Never know when you’ll be sent to fight in another country, with limited access to talk to friends and family. >.oAnd, of course, the chance of death.But someone has to do it.

Arnis=I plan to take up teaching in university..
Kyle=That’s cool. =)

He also shared about his personal life.

Kyle=You know, I dated a young Mormon girl for over 8 months.Mormons are among the most strict of religions, very, very moral. They are Christians, for the most part.Just a different section of Christianity.I was basically a saint for several months, trying to stay with her. That was…3 months ago, I believe, that we broke up. January 23rd would have made it one year that we’d been together, had we stayed together that long.
He also taught me on something that I never heard about~
A kirby.

Kyle: d(^-^d)

Arnis: What’s the definition of that sign? I’m bad at signs

Kyle: It’s a Kirby with his thumbs up. So it’s a thumbs up sign.

Arnis: Erm, I see

Kyle:() ()
(o.o)
(v v)
(o)(o)
Woot, bunny rabbit.

Arnis: Eww, I cant understand it. Oh, bunny rabbit

Kyle:(>^-^)>Dancing Kirby.

Arnis: What is Kirby?

Kyle: Kirby is a cartoon game character from the 90s. ;P

Arnis: Oh, seldom watch cartoons

Kyle: Same.

Arnis: I only watch Mr. Bean cartoon. Cant miss it till now

Kyle: But he didn’t show up on TV much. Was mostly on video games of the day.Hehe.

Maybe, that’s all that I can write about him.Erm, but overall I am very please to have a friend like him.I just wished that our friendship will last long and hope to keep in touch with him till we grow old. Hahaha..just joking Knowing Kyle makes my life more colourful……. and I realize there are many interesting people out there!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe