Drama competition

Friday, February 20, 2009

When Pn.Fadzillah, my English teacher asked me to write a script for our class for the inter-class drama competition, I was suprised. Erm, honoured actually :P
because my teacher had asked ME to be the script writer and to direct the drama. Uhh, I was so excited !
So, I prepared a drama script. A story which was based on "The Necklace" story written by Guy De Maupassant from France. We learnt that short story in Form 4 English lesson.

So, my drama was given a title " The Missing Bracelet". A story of a lady who never satisfied with her life and feels discontented with her life.The climax for this drama is when that lady, Milah borrowed a bracelet from her wealthy best friend to wear to a party and then, she lost the bracelet during the party. At the end of this drama, Milah had learnt to be satisfied with whatever she has in life.




So, I took about 3 days to write this script. It was nearly 20 pages long. Uhhh....
After finished writing the script, I chose the actors would would act in my drama. Erm, there are about 10 characters in this drama. I chose my fellow classmates to perform in this drama and gave them the scripts which I had photostated earlier.



I didnt expect to win this drama because it would be tough as most all the classe took part . More than 10 classes! But, I would try my best to train the actors and do our best during the competition. And, I chose to be the narrator for this drama .

We practised for more than 2 weeks. I thought it wouid be easy but OMG, it was tough. Especially, to make all the actors come for the practice was tough too. I had to remind them to come for the practice all the time but it was hard to make all of them come. I also had chosen some of my fellow classmates to get the props for this drama. Luckily that they were willing to help me.


1 day before the drama competition :

All of us were stressed. I was stressed.Some of the actors had not memorised the script yet, and that driving me mad! I had the right to feel that way !It was I who prepared all this and I had given them enough time to memorize the script. I just had to be patient...

Well, adding up to my stress was Azrul. He was my best friend since we were 15 years old but now, we were in different classes. Azrul was in Science class and I was in Account class. We had written a script together in 2006 which was entitled "The Strait Beggars". We wrote the script for the school drama team. Azrul still kept "our" script and he used the script again for his class drama. Hey, that was not fair!! And the worse part was that, he claimed that he wrote that script by himself. I knew that I wrote 60% of the script .Sucks !!!!!
I told my teacher about it but it was too late to cancel their drama so I just had to bear with it.Urghh....that boy was @#%@

The drama competition day :

I woke up early that morning. 4.30 a.m. I was nervous. About 7.30 a.m, all of us were ready behind the stage to perform our drama. The atmosphere was different at that time as all the contestants were dressed in their own unique style to perform their dramas. I was so busy at the moment.I asked a boy ,Tarmizi to take some photographs for our drama and thanks a lot Tarmizi. Love all the photos !!!My team presented the drama well and we received a lot of praises but still I didnt hope to win because all the teams performed well including Azrul's team. Stupid!!!

Alas, I was so proud of my fellow actors and classmates who helped me to make this drama worked well. Thanks a lot.I was really satisfied :)


The English Day, the prize ceremony day:


Urm..that was it. The prize ceremony day.
Haha, you know what, we got no.3 out of 12 teams in this drama competition.
I was so happy for for my class.
We received certificates and prizes and we were on the cloud nine at the moment.
Uhh..and I was very proud of myself. Congratulations Arnis!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe