Dinner night a.k.a our "prom night"

Friday, February 20, 2009


It was sometime in the middle of November.

About one week before my SPM exam, which was the exam that will determine my life and future.
Okay, let's not talk about SPM examination. It makes me nervous talking about it.
So, this so called- dinner night usually held once a year.
It is a kind of a special event for hostel students.
I was staying in hostel during my schoollife.



Usually, hostel is near to school and my hostel is about 3 minutes away from my own class, which is very2 near.
And I was just staying in hostel for two years since I was 16 years old.
So, I had attended 2 times of dinner night.
Let me tell you about 2008 Dinner Night (DN).



When our warden told us the date for DN, all of us were excited and we brought our best clothes to wear for that DN. Hehe for girls, we dont bring ballgowns like the Westerners but we only brought our traditional clothes that is Baju Kurung. But for those who favours fashions, they would bring fancy attire like kebaya or jubah.
I am a simple girl and I chose to wear my new baju kurung.
It was a bright florescent colour matches with the headscarf. What a daring choice of colour.
And I also brought my new pair of shoes, an Esarli gold shoes with the heel which was not so high to avoid me looking like a coconut tree during our DN.
Erm, our DN started at 8 p.m after we performed our Maghrib prayer. I promised my best friend, Amal to go to DN together. The DN was held in the foyer, which is the small hall in my school.


At about 7.30 p.m, I was ready to go for the DN. Then, I went straight to Amal's dorm which was 1 floor down from my dorm.
We were among the first who came at the foyer. While waiting for others to come, we took some photographs together.At about 8 p.m, the foyer started to get crowded. I could see many girls wearing beautiful clothes and heavy make ups too. Amal and I didnt wear any make ups and we just used our "nyonya powder" to make us look fresh that night. Boys also looked fashionable as they wore their new shirts with ties and hats. It was truly a different atmosphere that night.
The event started at about 8.15 p.m. We were sitting at long tables with foods that was served on them. The kind of tables in the Harry Potter movies, haha except all those kind of magic :P


After the principal and the PPD officer gave some speeches for about 20 minutes , we were served by a presentation from several students. It was a singing presentation but I must say "horrible" and "funny". Their pitching was out. OUT.
Then, we had dinner. The food was glorious and yummy. I ate a lot :) and I didnt understand why several "girls" refuse to eat just because they were afraid that their make ups would be ruined after eating. Silly :P
After we had finished eating, there was an award ceremony and I got one certificate for being the vice-captain for the girls' hostel. Awesome :)
Then, we had a lucky draw event. I was not lucky that night so I didnt get any prizes there so as my friends :( But, my juniors got a lot of prizers from that lucky draw event.
After we had finished the lucky draw event, we were free to take photos with our friends.
I took a lot of photos with my classmates because this would be our final year together.
We had nearly one hour of taking photos together.
At about 11p.m, all of us started to go back to the hostel. Although all of us felt tired, it was an amazing and fantastic night. Awesome :)



You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe