Job Switching in Less than 1 Year

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

When I first told my parents that I received a job interview at MMHE-my parents were flabbergasted.

My Mak seems to be okay with that but my father had this mixed feelings-joining an Oil & Gas company is not so secure nowadays and he thinks that I betrayed Jobstreet for doing this.

As usual, I refused to listen to that and went to the interview at Menara Dayabumi, KL.

AND I GOT THE JOB.

Whoops, so after setlling with all the resignation matters with Jobstreet.com - I said Bye Bye to Jobstreet and its people and said Hai Hai to MMHE.

For your information, MMHE is a subsidiary company of MISC and it is one of the subsidiary companies of Petronas.

This company is a leading marine and heavy engineering services provider in Malaysia which focuses primarily  on  the  oil  and  gas  sector which sounded rough as the word "heavy engineering" involves.

I'm not that keen on the company itself, but what attracts me the most is the job scopes of my new job.

As Corporate Communications Executive, my job will be involving most in writing (which I really love) whereby I am required to write articles, update the company website and eportal and a lot of ad-hoc task as required.

Luckily, my work station will be based in Menara Dayabumi at Level 31 but I am required to travel frequently to it's HQ at Pasir Gudang, Johor.

So my first day was on 17 August 2015. Got introduced with all the colleagues and I was kind of noob in adjusting myself at this new environment.

It was confusing but yet very exciting :]

Okay maybe that's all from now. Will update soon on my trip to Pasir Gudang in the next post.

My workstation


That's all.

-Arnis

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe