My First Professional Job Ever!!

Sunday, October 26, 2014

"What do you mean you work with Jobstreet?"

"Oh, you mean that you apply that job through Jobstreet.com?"

"Eh I heard you are working at Jonker Street, is it?"


Those were some of the reactions that I received when I told people when I got a job at Jobstreet.com. Surprisingly, I did not expect to get the post as I'm just a literally 22 year old, fresh graduate with zero working experience. But, when it comes to rezeki and God, everything is possible to happen :)

The interview session was tough, actually, it was very tough. After enduring 15 days to wait for the confirmation, finally I got a phone call from the HR Department of Jobstreet.com office asking me to sign my contract and settle other stuff. And yes, I got a job to write/create advertisements at Jobstreet.com :)


Day 1: It was daunting. There were 8 of us for the September intake and all 7 of them are those who used to work at many different places except for me, a fresh graduate. And I was the only Malay inside the Orientation Room...see how awkward it was?


We were given briefing and a lot of information about the history, vision and mission of Jobtsreet.com. It was actually really funny as I didn't expect to work at Jobstreet :p But this company is internationally recognized so I feel honoured to be a part of this team.

Thanks boss and department for putting welcoming balloons to me :)

And my job has already begun #werk

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe