Umrah Part 6 (My first day inside Masjidil Haram)

Saturday, January 25, 2014

After I've completely assured that myself is free from my menstruation..I went to my first-ever trip to Masjidil Haram for this trip for Subuh prayer.



We placed our shoes outside, at the entrance of King Abdul Aziz. Subhanallah, it is always on the books or in the TV that I see Masjidil Haram but now, the beautiful, awesome and magnificent sacred building was here right in front of me.

Masjidil Haram compound area


As I walked in, I remembered that in 2004, I almost fell down the steps the moment I saw Kaabah for the first time. And, Subhanallah, this year, I couldn't believe myself when I saw the Baitullah again as I was approaching it. All these while, I will only see it on my prayer mat, but at last, it stood there, beautifully standing in the middle of the Dataran. Subhanallah, thank you Allah for accepting me as your pilgrim on this Tanah Haram despite my sins towards you.



The Masjidil Haram was only available for a very limited place as the crew were busy with the constructions expanding the whole Masjid area. It's dusty and noisy at the same time and I cant wait to visit this Masjid again after all the constructions are finally completed.

Actually you are not allowed to bring any cameras or electrical devices inside the Masjid. Once in 2004, the guards were checking everyone's bags whether do the visitors bring any devices with them but now nobody cares about it..so I just took many photos using my ipod-capturing this beautiful place. And as the saying says "Rules are meant to be broken".

Attempted to selfie infront of the Kaabah with Mak closing her eyes

We had our Subuh prayer and the Imam recited the surahs beautifully. I almost cried when I hear his voice-its too deep and touching. It sounds like as if the Imam is telling incredible stories and thanks to UIA, I can understand a little bit of the ayats inside the surah.




After the Subuh prayer, I spent 30 minutes sitting infront of the Kaabah..still in awe with the greatness of this place. Then, I had my first Tawaf to complete my Umrah..the tawaf was done smoothly and I thanked Allah for eased up my Umrah journey.

After that, I headed for Saie. I performed our Saie at Level 1 and finished at 10 am and took the opportunity to make doa at Multazam. There are so many lessons that I have learned from the umrah. The Saie for example, shows the determination and commitment of Siti Hajar when looking for water to feed her baby, Nabi Ismail. The distance is great but we just could not feel the hardship of it since the area is totally different from what Siti Hajar has experienced before.





After successfully completed my Umrah, all of us sat in front of the Kaabah..did as many solat taubat and hajat and also recited the Quran. We also just sit down all together discussing about the construction occurring in this place while sipping the fresh water of Zam Zam drink.


After Zohor prayer, I left the mosque in disbelief. Just couldn't believe that I have performed my umrah -  the routines that I can only imagine during my kursus haji, now I have performed them on my own. I was exhausted and had my lunch at the hotel and went to the Masjid again for Asar prayer and stayed there until Isya' prayer.

Thus, my everyday routines for 8 days just followed that flow: Masjid-Hotel-Masjid and sightseeing.

tbc.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe