My Last Virgin Raya

Friday, June 22, 2018


*Warning: Lots of photos ahead*

This year’s Eid-ul-Fitr (Raya) was a quite a new one for me. A new celebration.

But it was quite emotional for me as this will be my so-called-last Raya as a single lady *sobs*

Anyways, the Raya ritual was almost the same for the past 27 years. We went back to Melaka to Tok Mak’s house on the eve of Raya to have our last iftar with the fam bam. This year’s Raya was quite meriah. Around 5 families were present for this year’s Raya and yeah, all of us had to queue for the toilet.

So after everyone finished up Solat Raya, we all queued to salam each other and had photoshoot session (as usual) at the balcony of my Tok Mak’s house.

The usual Raya pose
Typically, in my family we would have tons of family portrait the morning of Eid. So that’s exactly what we did!




there was a grasshopper hopped at my dress thinking I'm a type of plant (?) because its too green-ish

This year we’ve decided to wear Green but it wasn’t that monotonous Green as its more like rojak Green (maybe my parents got that idea since I’ve joined the Green industry lol)
The usual Adabi Tingkap pose at Tok Mak's house

Then we went to Raya to some of our relatives. Thankfully, majority of them have passed away so we are not obliged to visit their houses anymore. Hence, the total number of houses that we’ve visited was like around 3 houses in Melaka (?)

Managed to see Baby Mo before I left to Jijan 
Then we headed to Jijan during the evening. Also, the number of visitors to my Mak Lang’s house has decreased dearly compared to previous years. Maybe the Raya culture has started to diminish these days and what not..


Raya at Jijan is as usual. Lots of makan makan and we've visited a total number of 7 houses. It was crazy!

Wearing Nurita Harith (which was my engagement dress) and posed with 2 turkeys

My outfit for 3rd Day of Raya wearing peplum dress by Kree


On the next day, we went to Ijok to visit my Nenek &Step-grand dad. My atuk was sick (and he looked as if he’s about to die) due to his cancer. So, we cooked his fav meal and enjoyed the lunch whereby he was lying on his bed watching us.


At that night, we sent off my sister to Kuching. Was a bit sad seeing her leaving us too soon.
The visit concluded my Eid-ul-Fitr. So there you go, a simple, moderate Eid celebration, in my opinion. Nothing fancy. Just a day with friends and family.

Let me know about how your raya was! I would love to know how other people celebrate Raya.

Till then, xoxo.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe