My experience as Taaruf Committee Member 2010

Friday, June 04, 2010

So, this is it. I applied to become a committee member for Taaruf Week committee. Fyi, Taaruf is derived from Arabic word which means : getting to know each other, imo. In short, it means orientation week for the new freshie since I am a senior this year in the university. The main objective for this Taaruf Week is about to give the new students exposure on how campus life would be and serving the Ummah. Interesting huh ? Our main policie is ( for committees) : Be a Professional. Woot, cool ;) So, here are some of the activities that I've done during this Taaruf Week :


17-20 May
My family sent me to IIUM PJ campus on 17th May. Check, I registered and got a room in Zainab College.(Zainab is better than Mahallah Khadijah imo ;p) Meet my fellow friends and new friends, phewt, interesting thou. Then, we keep on listening to talks that were organized by our Programme Manager and subcommittees. And not to forget, I managed to get a post as a Registration Committee. Which means that I have the chance on running the registration day, checking freshie's forms, meeting new freshie's eye to eye which is cool. Lucky, Aza got in the same biro as I do. Our head was Brother Midi and his assistant was Sister Farhana. *Fyi, my university uses the term of Brother for boys and Sister for girls ;p*. In our Registration Committee meeting, we did activities like ice-breaking, group dynamic tasks, etc. Funfun. Adding up a lot of amazing new friends from PJ Campus. Truly, being a committee is FUN.For our biro, we have 43 members in it. Besides that, as a Registration Committee, we need to prepare Taaruf Kit. Taaruf Kit is a whole set of important stuffs for new students which includes, IIUM bag, t-shirts, batik attire, Mathurat, Asmaul-Husna etc. So, we did our job like Indonesian and Nepalese workers and get it done before Registration Day started. Luckily, we managed to get it done by time. Alhamdulillah :)

Preparing the Taaruf Kit

Attending meetings

Listening to talks like Talks on Protocol etc.

21-23 May
This are the most hectic days during Taaruf Week. The Registration Day. Pfft...Well, many parents came and sent their children to university. Variety of emotional expression shown by new students. HAHA. Some were crying, some keep on making faces, some are so keen and excited. Blah, whatever. So, during this 3 days, I managed to have a post sitting at one of the 10 Pre-Registration counter. My counter was Counter 1. Check. Our job was checking students personal details, scholarship forms and bank receipt. Though, it sounds very "easy" but man, it is very tiring ! Freakish tiring ! But, gladly, everything went smoothly and perfectly. Mdm Rohani keep on praising all of us for our great work during the Registration Day. Thank God ! So, after the Registration Day, we are finally FREE from any registration work. Hallelujah !

Listening to Head's orders



Pre-Registration Counter



24-28 May
Hence our job finally finished, we helped other biro's like doing Examination jobs and Security jobs. I got a chance showing the new juniors touring around the campus. Indeed, it was FUN ! Then, we have this Cultural  Night which is completely awesome and a outrageous Closing Ceremony. I have to say that all committees really drained their energy to make things goes perfect. I have to admit that this year Taaruf is a way better than last year Taaruf Week. hahaha ! So,after bid farewell and adding up most of the Registration committees facebook, I packed all my stuff and looking forward for Nilai and new semester ahead. Indeed, life is great ;p

Taking juniors for Campus Tour Programme


One of the most "compulsory" occasion during Closing Ceremony : "Ombak" and "Baling Beg"
Can you see, the word CFS ? CFS = Centre for Foundation Studies

Concisely, I think being a committee really changed my point of view towards everything. Perspective of life and towards religion. Being a committee also helps me to improve my leadership skills, giving me a chance to help people that is serving the Ummah. The most important part is finally, I am becoming more proud to be acknowledged as IIUM students which I am become more profound towards this university. Plus, I am really looking forward to join this kind of activities, technically, yeah...

Here are some shots that I managed to take during this Taaruf Week :
*more photos in my facebook page*













p/s : *Saya tak basuh baju batik saya selama 10 hari ;p*

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe