A Trip to Graveyard

Thursday, September 17, 2009

This is actually our family ritual activities that we usually do during Ramadhan month. It's kinda blood-curdling experience ( i mean when visiting to a place where dead people were placed) but I find I have a sense of affections to graveyard. I always find graveyards are unique, interesting, mysterious and etc. Hahaha, well,during this trip, my family members will read some prayers and we also change the white cloth that covered the tomb-stoned or cairn. The cloth usually gets very dirty cus it on the tomb-stone because it will be change only once a year. Have a look at those photos ( I know that taking photos in graveyard is kinda prohibited but I cant stop myself from taking them :P)

my grandfather's grave. He passed away slightly before I was born in 1991

some of the process when changing the cloth

that's my dad at my great-grandmother's grave. She passed away when I was still in primary school

normal scenery at the graveyard

one of the small grave that I found
one piece of tomb-stone plus - my sister's leg

flowers that usually being planted in Muslim's graveyards

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe