My own national service memories = ]

Sunday, May 10, 2009

My first impression of national service (ns)- very tough, hard, rough or etc. But, after I went to the ns , everything has changed :)
I was chosen to enter ns in 2009. Starting from March till June as scheduled.
So, I got to know that I would enter ns in December before I sat for my final exam, SPM.
After that, in March, I went to ns reluctantly = (
I started my journey to my ns camp named Kem Titian Bitangor. Situated in Rembau district,
which was 20 minutes away from my house. My family sent me to that camp.
My first impression about the camp- horrid. The buildings there were out-dated and the camp was situated in the middle of the jungle. It took nearly 20 minutes to reach the camp from the main road.
At 9 am, I arrived at that camp. I went straight to the food hall. The food hall was quite big. And the main thing that made me felt quite shocked that they had the sportchecks to all the trainees.
I felt quite shocked at first and kept on grumbling deep in my heart :(
Then, I was put in a dorm named AW 15. AW stands for Asrama Wanita which means girls hostel. After saying goodbye to my family members, I went straight to my dorm.
Since I didnt know anyone I felt quite uncomfortable and lost, honestly .
Then, in the evening, there were a bit of changes. I was changed to Dorm AW 9 which was absolutely very2 near to the food hall. Thanks God :D
I started to bring along my luggages and stuff and went straight ahead to the new dorm.
When, I went to the dorm, OMG, I felt so out of place
I had no friend meanwhile others already had their own friends.
So, I went alone by myself to the food hall and had dinner. I ate at the front table according to our companies. Btw, in ns- we were divided into 4 companies - Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and Delta. Mine was Alpha :)
Meanwhile, when I had dinner- I met a girl. A special girl. Her name was Shuhada and we chatted quite a lot and I felt the chemistry when I talked to her..Soon, we became best friendsOkay, since I had found my own " partner ", I felt a little bit happier.
Besides that I had found some closest friends there. Friends whom I ate together, went praying together with and friends whom could share jokes and laughter together.
They were Iqa, Fiqa, Mira and including Shuhada.
All of them came from different backgrounds and different places from all over the country.
Interesting ;)
The NS had 4 main modules.

1. Character Building Class ( which we called CB but I did called 'em Class Bodo, hik3)
=The CB modules took 2 weeks to finish. All of us- the wira and wirawati were divided into 7 classes. The classes were quite far from our food hall so we would be marching to go to our class. I was placed in CB 1. Where none of one of my closest friends was in it. The CB module was quite interesting. It was a kind of module on how do we interact with others and how to get to know ourselves better. We were divided into groups in CB 1 and I was in Taming Sari and Mutiara group. In CB, I got to know a lot of friends including Chinese and Indians. I found them really interesting since I never had the chance to be close to any of these two races before. i ve to admit it :P
We had two teachers- eh, no 3, actually. Teacher Mahir (I've to admit that I dont like her, honestly :P), Teacher Sally ( hmmm, I dont mind learning from her ) and Teacher Zul ( he always replaced Mahir and I did enjoy learning with him, he's nice and flexible)
But, after all CB class was okay :D
Then, we had integration class. The class was awesome :D. Our teacher was Teacher Muna, a young and well- educated person. I enjoyed the module sooo much since we learnt about other cultures. I was in the group named LAUK n I really enjoyed every moment of it :D

My fellow Integration class members with teacher Muna

me n fellow groupmates LAUK presenting our traditional dance

2. Physical Modules
= To tell you the truth, I did enjoy myself doing physical activities ( though I didnt get the chance to do flying fox or etc). I loved PT ( physical training every morning ) erm, marching ( though it made my skin looked darker ) or TTS( tempur tanpa senjata- fighting without weapons) activities. Physical training made me stronger and tougher and I have to admitt that I've changed a lot after I did physical training- mentally and physically.


trainees were marching

marching ;)
3. Community Modules
= Honestly, I managed to do them twice( since I always went back home often due to interviews)
During community modules, trainees got the oppurtunity to go out of the camp. The first place that I'd been was Agriculture Farm in Sepri which was situated 45-minutes away from my camp. We went to the farms and ate enormous variety of Malaysian fruits. The second place that I had been to was Malacca Prison in Ayer Keroh, Malacca which took about 1 hour and half to reach there. It was an agricultural kind of prison. (Well, it seemed that I only had the chance visiting places that had link with agriculture only, hik3 :D ) The visit was fun and we got to know how's the prisoners life. We also heard an open sharing from one of the prisoners there. The visit was quite interesting, honestly.
me with friends- bam n atin in prison

4. Kenegaraan Module
= I only experienced this module for a very short time since I always went back home for interviews. It taught us about the government's roles and our role as Malaysians. This module was quite boring, honestly and I was so glad I had to learn it for a very short time =]
me with Teacher fajar- my kenegaraan teacher

My best experience in NS =
1. Getting to know friends from different backgrounds
2. Learning new things in life ( self confidence, endurance etc)
3. Becoming tougher mentally and physically ( I've changed a lot than before )
4. Boosting self- confidence ( I can talk freely in public now :D )
5. Learning how to socialize esp. to boys ;P ( I've to admitt it that I've become more open- minded)



My worst experience in NS =
1. Woke up very early and slept late ( I always woke up at 5 a.m and slept at around 12 midnight)
2. The food was horrid ( ick, dont like it :P)
3. The dorm was dusty and uncomfortable ( very2 different compared to my home- Home Sweet Home)
4. The jurulatih were quite annoying - always shouted at us. Sucks :((
5. Could not meet my family members often - very2 sad to see them only once a week
6. Only got my cell phone once a week and often had to fight to get power points to charge my cell phone
7. Had to compete for toilets ..like my own hostel experience :P
8. Hmmm, always being punished - for example, if someone made silly mistake, all of us would be punished together eventhough we didnt do that :P
9. the last one,
hahahaha
always being punished by ustaz for being late to surau ;P
I had been punished twice ;P
I was late and I never skipped any prayer there. But, sometimes when I intentionally late, urghh, I got punished :( some punishment that I got were jalan itik, lompat bintang and running)
It was hurtful and ashamed. But, it was fun indeed cus that was the only one moment I was being punished in that way in my life , hik3.
And, the main thing that I got was that - I HAD TO GO TO SURAU VERY EARLY TO PREVENT ME FROM BEING PUNISHED :P

Btw, though I had experienced more bad experience rather than good ones, I am very honoured that I was chosen to participate in NS among thousands of teenagers out there.I am thankful to the GOVERNMENT for spending a lot of money on the NS programme and this programme is really effective in producing a new generation of true Malaysians- the quality youths who will be the leaders of tomorrow. NS is also able to instill the spirit of patriotism among teenagers. I feel that the Government should make NS programme compulsory to every teenager. I think that NS is a brilliant programme:D hahahaha ;P




hmmm, im in celoreng. Coooooolllll :D

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe