Engaged!

Wednesday, May 02, 2018

The engagement ceremony went well last Saturday, despite the chaos that happened that morning and my cousin who was supposed to be the photographer came half late. Hahah. The guy’s side came at around 1115 am and been greeted by my parents & sister outside of the house before coming in. I was still rushing to get my tudung la whatever together and trying to look poised and relaxed.



The wajib pose-Sarung cincin moment
Me trying to act cool on stage of the pelamin
I also had my sister to take the pictures, and she’s no photographer, so,  pardon the quality.

Kadafi's family, upon entering the house. Everyone looks so cheerful. hehe


Both of us kene ceramah with Hj Asmadi for more than 10 minutes LOL
Kadafi. I think he wanted to just wait outside while the discussion was going on but I'm not sure who asked him to come in. hahahaha!

My Abah gave a short speech welcoming Kadafi's rombongan 
They first discussed about the mas kahwin, hantaran (if any) and also the date of the wedding. They also discussed about the terms and agreements about the engagement and if, god forbid, the engagement is broken.  So, the wedding date is gonna be on 6.10.2018, inshaAllah. After that, it was time for the girl (me, ehem) to receive the ring as a symbol of agreement.

Kadafi's mum, putting the ring on me. I was so nervous if the ring wont fit cause I gained some weight. Hahah.


At this time, I couldn’t hold my laughter because my stupid tudung awning bumped into her hands. It was so embarrassing but, oh well, what can I do. I’m not used to having this tudung style over my head. hahahaha.

Taking photos together before going back

Dak Mo and I
After Kadafi's side has left, which was exactly 2 hours after 11am, I went straight to my room and thinking of changing my dress. The fabric can be quite uncomfortable to wear (because of the heat) when I’m sweating, so I know I needed to get out of the kurung. Plus, I hate the the hijab I was wearing because it makes my face looks like Olive Oyl. Mak said she didn’t know what to do with me. hahaha.

I felt really uneasy and embarrassed during the whole attention and the engagement thing so I wanted to run away to my friend’s house but Mak thought it was inappropriate eventho my Tok Mak thought otherwise. So, I locked myself up in my room while all the guests were still home and Mak looking for me. yeah, I know, so immature of me.

Baby Badak did a fantastic job for my engagement makeup
After that, I went out of my room to have some of the chocolates and I felt better. hahaha. All in all it was pretty nerve-wracking yet fun. I received a number of gifts especially from my Mak's friends such as chocolates (lotsa them), cakes, and sweet delicacies. Thank you so much for everyone who came, the delightful gifts and wishes.

You know what else is cool about the engagement? My best friend ruined my pelamin. LOL

LOL

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe