Umrah Part 5 (Makkah)

Friday, January 24, 2014

First day in Makkah..since I haven't completed my Ihram,I was wandering around the hotel's area. Honestly, I was a bit of frustrated with my own self, I mean it's quite rugi for not being able to do my Ibadah in this great holy place but Ustaz B had given me some zikir and doa to fill my time. Oh and during my free time here, I went exploring the city of Makkah..again alone while Mak, Abah and Annur went to the Masjid.
So, here are some of the photos of the locals that I encounter in this place:

Inside Bindawood supermarket



As what I've been observing, in constrast to Madinah's people-people in Makkah are not as gentle and as polite in Madinah. People spitting everywhere, the shopkeepers aren't as friendly and cars were honking now and then. I believe it is linked with the history-whereby the Prophet fled to Madinah and attracted to Madinah's people kindness and now I get it the hijrah incident. But I am not saying all the local Makkah's people are bad but you can distinguish their characteristics from the Madinah people.

I like to see how the males in Saudi Arabia dressed up themselves in this kind of headgear

So, during the gap time between Zohor and Asar prayer, Mak, Abah and Annur waited for me at the Masjidil Haram compound area and they brought me sight-seeing around the area so we took some photos and had nice Arabic ice creams.

The distance from Hera Hotel to Masjidil Haram is approximately 700 metres..it's quite far but I think it is tolerable as you can fill your journey by reciting zikr and sightseeing around the streets.

Around the Masjidil Haram compound area



Streets in Makkah..it is quite dusty due to the constructions here

Arabic Ice Cream!

The Ice Cream Man!

Found this cute sign inside Hilton hotel. Only can be found in KSA.

Oh by the way, the wifi password for Hera Palace is : 11111111

tbc.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe